Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Life Just Got Interesting

Well, for those of you who know me, you may know that my life has changed a bit over the past month. Actually...it's changed a lot. A brief overview would be this: I broke up with my boyfriend of three years, moved out of his house and into a home a few blocks over, and now live with two children (who I nanny in exchange for room and board), as well as two dogs (as if two boys are not enough). That's the short of it. The long of it is far too laborious to undertake, but I'm sure other details will find themselves slipping in here and there over the next few weeks, whether I like it or not.

So, yes, my life has changed. I already had two jobs before the big split, and now I've added a third to my repertoire (the nannying, if you hadn't caught on). Thus, I've gone from having a pretty lazy, apathetic existence, to being on-the-go almost all of the time. And for as much as I complain about this busy schedule of mine, don't be fooled people; I love love loooove it! In fact, I have found that I thrive on a busy schedule because when I actually have free time, I tend to really make the most of it.

That reminds me, I have found out a lot of things about myself over the past month. In fact, I think I've learned more about life and love and people and relationships and personal identity and God and philosophy and politics in the past month than I ever thought was possible (okay, maybe I got a little carried away there with the God and philosophy and politics bits...guess I was just feeling the moment). My mind is exploding and nearly on the verge of being overwhelmed with all of these personal discoveries. I have to tell you, people, that aside from the sporadic pangs of sadness that are to be expected after breaking up with someone I was with for so long, I really don't know if I've ever felt better. Ironic, but true nonetheless.

Well, chew on that for a while, people. There's more to come, but for now I'm getting groggy, so I'm going to bury myself in a pair of headphones and fill my ears with Abbey Road, and I expect that I'll eventually drift off into some sweet Golden Slumbers...

Bonne nuit!

No comments: